Sunday 17 April 2011

The 'not' a weekend progress report! :)

Well as anticipated I don't have any progress photos to show you except for this shot, which my pesky daughter snapped of me during the evening this week! (excuse my bedraggled hair!)

I am working away on her offside and it is coming along nicely, I hope to have something worthwhile to share within a week or two.

I have been waiting on a couple of commission pieces to arrive for some time now - With winter fast approaching and still no sign of the resins in the mail an opportunity arose for two other commissions!  I was thrilled to have been asked to paint these two beautiful Fraley pieces and true to form with my previous experience with this person, once I accepted the commissions the boys were in the mail and here with me within a couple of weeks!  So with some fine weather this past week I have been able to get most of the prep work completed on the Raakid - wow is he a heavy, large but beautiful resin!  I just need to go over him once more and then give him a final white primer coat.  Then I will be able to begin work on him during the winter along with Victrix.

My plan is to finish getting the base pattern down on Victrix first and then I can enjoy applying her fine detail work in-between getting the base colour down on Raakid.  By which time it will hopefully be spring and then I can prep Backbeat Thunder and the other two commission pieces.  Once Victrix and Raakid are painted I will then start painting BBT and then the rest of the commissions will follow in order of arrival, (there will also be a commission slot auctioned in August to benefit cancer research for anyone looking for a slot with me).  So I think I have enough now to keep me busy well into 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment